Duane Morris is sponsoring an Advance 360 Cannabis Insider Live Online webinar, “Cannabis and COVID-19: Where Does America Go From Here?” to be held on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern time and 10:00 a.m. Pacific time.
About the Program
Advance 360 Cannabis Insider Live Online presented by Duane Morris LLP and hosted by NJ Cannabis Insider editor Justin Zaremba, is a highly focused, information-driven talk designed to engage audiences about the most pressing concerns and challenges communities face as the state and federal government navigate the Covid-19 crisis.
News remains fluid day by day in these uncertain times. That said, there has been some progress in the cannabis space out of sheer necessity: curbside pickup and home delivery in some markets to aid medical marijuana patients. A renewed call to allow patients to grow their own weed and telemedicine are also at the forefront of possible changes, especially as the country remains in lockdown. Research for medical cannabis applications, lab testing for reliable and quality medicine and CBD and a resurgent hemp industry are also making strides, despite a stalled economy.
Can a federally legal cannabis industry help rescue the economy as we enter into what might be one of the worst recessions since the Great Depression? Some analysts believe it will be similar to the way the end of alcohol prohibition boosted the country’s economy at the end of the Great Depression.
- Earl Blumenauer, United States Congressman
- Karen O’Keefe, Director of State Policies for Marijuana Policy Project
- Chris Melillo, Senior Vice President of Retail Operations for Curaleaf
- Katie Neer, Director of Government Affairs for Acreage Holdings and an Associate at Greenberg Traurig
- Paul P. Josephson, Partner, Duane Morris
- Joy Beckerman, Hemp Ace International
- Imani Dawson, Minorities for Medical Marijuana
- Steve Hoffman, Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission