Back in the 1990s, there was talk of the coming “information superhighway.” Now we are traveling at warp speed on that highway. Take a look at some of these jaw-dropping stats:
- Facebook now boasts more than 800 million active users, with 350 million gaining access from mobile devices.
- Roughly 70 percent of Facebook users are located outside of the United States.
- Every month about 30 billion content links are shared on Facebook.
- Remarkably, Facebook users install 20 million apps every day.
- Almost half of 18-34 year-old users check Facebook when they wake up, with more than a quarter of users doing so before they even leave the bed.