The Office of the Attorney General has released the long-anticipated proposed CCPA regulations. The proposed regulations outline procedures intended to facilitate consumers’ new rights under the CCPA and provide compliance guidance to businesses regarding:
- Notices businesses must provide to consumers under the CCPA;
- Handling consumer requests made pursuant to the CCPA;
- Verifying the identity of the consumer making those requests;
- Personal information of minors; and
- Nondiscrimination and offering of financial incentives.
Please see our Alert for a detailed discussion of the proposed regulations.