We now live in a world in which we constantly are connected electronically. We spend so much of our time in front of computers, laptops and tablets. Our smartphones can accomplish feats unimaginable not so long ago. These days we can even surf the Internet with smart eyeglasses.
Plainly, connectivity presents numerous advantages from business and professional standpoints. If that were not the case, people likely would not be so addicted to their instant electronic communications and access.
Continue reading Detoxing From Always-On Technology Overload
Back in the 1990s, there was talk of the coming “information superhighway.” Now we are traveling at warp speed on that highway. Take a look at some of these jaw-dropping stats:
- Facebook now boasts more than 800 million active users, with 350 million gaining access from mobile devices.
- Roughly 70 percent of Facebook users are located outside of the United States.
- Every month about 30 billion content links are shared on Facebook.
- Remarkably, Facebook users install 20 million apps every day.
- Almost half of 18-34 year-old users check Facebook when they wake up, with more than a quarter of users doing so before they even leave the bed.
Continue reading Technology and the Internet By the Numbers