This regulation outlines the requirements for dependent coverage of children until the attainment of 26 years of age by their parents’ group health plans and health insurance issuers in the group and individual markets. This regulation also contains information regarding whether this provision preempts existing state laws that have different age limitations. Eligible dependents may be enrolled no earlier than the first day of the first plan year (policy years in the individual market) beginning on or after September 23, 2010.
This regulation outlines the requirements for state insurance websites (“Web Portals”) that must be made public by July 1, 2010 to individuals and small business in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Currently, each web portal at minimum must contain the following information (to the extent practicable):
- Health insurance coverage offered by health insurance issuers
- Medicaid coverage
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage
- State health benefits high risk pool coverage
- Coverage under the high risk pool
- Coverage for small businesses and their employees (small group market)